The NHS costs each voter £50 a week on average. That's £2,600 a year. We aren't getting our fair share locally. The Government has run down Buckland Hospital and now they intend to sell it off. Charlie Elphicke and the Conservatives have put forward a plan for a new hospital. Labour offer a polyclinic - it's an insult to us all.
So what's happening locally? Sadly, Labour's mismanagement has made local healthcare into a mess:
- Dover Buckland ruined - Dover will now get a polyclinic, assuming Labour's Environment Agency doesn't kill it off altogether, leaving us with nothing at all
- Deal Victoria's beds reduced - Health chiefs talked about applying the "Dover model" without any beds, but backed off quickly when Charlie made sure everyone knew what they were planning. For now
- Dentistry deprivation - with only two Local dentists accepting NHS patients
- Hundreds of serious infections - in local acute hospitals, as well as problems with maggots, flies and insects
- Britain has the worst cancer survival rates in Europe
Charlie Elphicke and the Conservatives have a plan to fix local healthcare for the long term:
- A proper hospital for Dover with beds and doctor led emergency services
- Save Deal hospital Keep a proper hospital - no "Dover model" polyclinic. Now or ever
- No polyclinic nonsense so you will keep your local GP surgery
- Action not words The Shadow Health minister has visited and pledged to support a proper hospital for Dover
The choice of Government at the next General Election is going to be a healthcare choice too. Conservative for a proper hospital. Labour for a polyclinic. Charlie Elphicke is passionate for us to get our fair share of healthcare.